Any Sky deals going?

Old August 20th 07, 08:48 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
The Brush

Default Any Sky deals going?

The Wizard wrote:
"John Russell" wrote in message
"mick" wrote in message
"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 18 Aug, 12:36, "mick" wrote:
"Ed" wrote in message

ups.com...

Sky called twice whilst I was on holiday but left no message - anyone
had a call from them recently offering a half price deal, or ar they
still not on offer?
As far as I know they have ditched the 50% deals (they were *too*
successful:-)). They`re pushing the sky+ thing now.

mick
I already have Sky plus, so I wondered what they might be flogging
this time. Perhaps its to tell me that the price is going up over 10%
in September (basic package to 17 from 15)

Ouch! I ditched them when the offers stopped. The packages are waaaay
overpriced as they are.

mick

Is a Rolls Royce overpriced? Lots of people think SKY is a good deal when
you consider how expensive it is now to say go to a live footy match or
take the family to the cinema.

It's human nature to say anything we can't afford is overpriced. Can I
have a Ferrari for the price of a Ford Focus?

Mclaren will probably sell you one at a quarter of the price ferrari sell
their overpriced plastic cr*p :-))

The latest SKY phone offer is three months Movies / Sport at half price
with no commitment, apart from parting with more cash.

ttfn
Old August 21st 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell

"The Brush" wrote in message
The Wizard wrote:
"John Russell" wrote in message
"mick" wrote in message
"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 18 Aug, 12:36, "mick" wrote:
"Ed" wrote in message

[...]

I don't recall Tesco not charging you more the more you bought? Get Real.
Stop treating subscription TV as if it shouldn't obey all the rules of
buying goods and services that you accept in the rest of your daily life.

Old August 21st 07, 10:17 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed

On Aug 20, 8:48 pm, The Brush wrote:
The Wizard wrote:
"John Russell" wrote in message
"mick" wrote in message
"Ed" wrote in message
egroups.com...
On 18 Aug, 12:36, "mick" wrote:
"Ed" wrote in message

egroups.com...

[...]

ttfn- Hide quoted text -

I called sky twice and both phone bods ahve denied such an offer
exists. How do I get it?

Old August 21st 07, 11:37 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
mick

oups.com...
The Wizard wrote:

The latest SKY phone offer is three months Movies / Sport at half price
with no commitment, apart from parting with more cash.

ttfn- Hide quoted text -

I called sky twice and both phone bods ahve denied such an offer
exists. How do I get it?

You used to have to wait until they either contacted you by phone or sent
you a Come Back To Sky card. Best bet is keep a look out on the BBs on
Digikiddy or Martin Lewis savings site for news of them going back to these
sort of deals. Might even tempt me back for 1/2 price:-)

mick

Old August 21st 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Cullen Skink

"John Russell" wrote in message
Is a Rolls Royce overpriced? Lots of people think SKY is a good deal when
you consider how expensive it is now to say go to a live footy match or
take the family to the cinema.

It's human nature to say anything we can't afford is overpriced. Can I
have a Ferrari for the price of a Ford Focus?

No but going by Sky you can have a Ford Focus for the price of a Ferrari.

Old August 21st 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell

"Cullen Skink" wrote in message
"John Russell" wrote in message
Is a Rolls Royce overpriced? Lots of people think SKY is a good deal when
you consider how expensive it is now to say go to a live footy match or
take the family to the cinema.

It's human nature to say anything we can't afford is overpriced. Can I
have a Ferrari for the price of a Ford Focus?

No but going by Sky you can have a Ford Focus for the price of a Ferrari.

Those just getting the basic packages are actually getting a Fiat Uno.
I watch lots of Premisership football in HD which has to be considered
Ferrari quality in terms of TV.

SKY is not compulsory. SKY are satisfying their customers needs other wise
they wouldn't be in business.

Old August 21st 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed

On Aug 21, 1:17 pm, "John Russell" wrote:
"Cullen Skink" wrote in message

"John Russell" wrote in message
Is a Rolls Royce overpriced? Lots of people think SKY is a good deal when
you consider how expensive it is now to say go to a live footy match or
take the family to the cinema.

It's human nature to say anything we can't afford is overpriced. Can I
have a Ferrari for the price of a Ford Focus?

No but going by Sky you can have a Ford Focus for the price of a Ferrari.

Those just getting the basic packages are actually getting a Fiat Uno.
I watch lots of Premisership football in HD which has to be considered
Ferrari quality in terms of TV.

SKY is not compulsory. SKY are satisfying their customers needs other wise
they wouldn't be in business.

Just noticed the posters in this thread
george martin, the wizard.

subconscious beatlemania!

Old August 21st 07, 05:34 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

But who is the Walrus?

Old August 21st 07, 06:05 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Mike

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:17:10 +0100, "John Russell"
wrote:

Those just getting the basic packages are actually getting a Fiat Uno.
I watch lots of Premisership football in HD which has to be considered
Ferrari quality in terms of TV.

Sort of orangey red with a prancing prick at the wheel and dropping to
bits on a regular basis. Yes that sums up Sky.

When broadcast digital TV achieves the quality of analogue telly in
the late 80's do let me know. I'll probably be eaten by worms by then
though.

It's a Ming Vase

No, it's a Ming Vase that's been smashed into thousands of pieces and
stuck back together, badly. It can never be a Ming Vase again.

But I paid thousands for this Vase.

You were robbed, next time buy one without all the joins.

Old August 21st 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:05:12 +0100, Mike wrote:

When broadcast digital TV achieves the quality of analogue telly in
the late 80's do let me know. I'll probably be eaten by worms by then
though.

BBC HD looks rather better than analogue TV ever did whatever the decade. That's digital isn't it?
--

Cheers

Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Sky + deals? my large muppet UK sky 3 November 22nd 06 08:27 PM
Any deals on the HD DirectTiVo? Fred Bloggs Tivo personal television 5 October 12th 04 07:33 PM
Sky+ deals Jonathan UK sky 27 September 4th 04 09:19 AM
Sky sports - any deals tosh UK sky 8 March 24th 04 10:40 AM
Sky sports - any deals tosh UK sky 0 March 24th 04 08:57 AM