Programmes start late?

Old May 16th 05, 01:52 PM
Geoff

Default Programmes start late?

I've an non-sky-plus receiver. I've set up to show "My Hero" on UKGold,
currently at 1.20 pm, but twice now it's started late, well past the titles.

Who's to blame when this happens? Surely the same problem must occur on Sky
Plus boxes? Surely it would be better err on the side of caution and start
five minutes before?

The only solution seems to be to leave the box switched on beforehand, on
the channel....

Geoff.

Old May 16th 05, 02:22 PM
Brian McIlwrath

Geoff wrote:
: I've an non-sky-plus receiver. I've set up to show "My Hero" on UKGold,
: currently at 1.20 pm, but twice now it's started late, well past the titles.

: Who's to blame when this happens? Surely the same problem must occur on Sky
: Plus boxes? Surely it would be better err on the side of caution and start
: five minutes before?

It varies a lot by channels. It is supposed to the the change of the "Now and
Next" which triggers Sky+. Sky themselves have a complex playout system which
is linked into this and the BBC do extremely well as well.

Many other channels just provide timed schedule information which is not
realy enough (Eurosport may be the worst as their programmes get cancelled,
overrun etc. almost invariably!)

Old May 16th 05, 04:24 PM
Tumbleweed

"Geoff" wrote in message
I've an non-sky-plus receiver. I've set up to show "My Hero" on UKGold,
currently at 1.20 pm, but twice now it's started late, well past the
titles.

Who's to blame when this happens? Surely the same problem must occur on
Sky
Plus boxes? Surely it would be better err on the side of caution and start
five minutes before?

The only solution seems to be to leave the box switched on beforehand, on
the channel....

Geoff.

Sometimes they start early, I noticed the other day a program which had
started a couple of minutes early. Unless its a Sky channel, its not Sky's
fault, its the other channels screwing up. This can screw up Sky+ , though
there is an option on it to start recording early and/or finish late.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old May 16th 05, 10:28 PM
paddytt

It starts 2 minutes early by default, you can set it to start as early
as you like (I think 10 mins is the max)