Rain and Sky+

Old September 20th 03, 08:11 PM
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:08:25 +0100, "John Pearse"
wrote:

Rain makes no difference between having a bog standard Sky or Sky+. It's
down to how well your dish is aligned. We've had heavy rain, and it made no
difference to the signal strength and quality - about two thirds strength,
and over three quarters max quality on both LNB inputs.

But you should be able to watch your recording whatever the weather
conditions, regardless of any inaccuracies in dish alignment.

--
Paul
My Lake District walking site (updated 20th September 2003):

Please sponsor me for the London Marathon at:
http://www.justgiving.com/london2004
Old September 20th 03, 08:14 PM
Jonny Skyman

"John Pearse" wrote in message
Rain makes no difference between having a bog standard Sky or Sky+. It's
down to how well your dish is aligned. We've had heavy rain, and it made

no
difference to the signal strength and quality - about two thirds strength,
and over three quarters max quality on both LNB inputs.

You cannot watch a recorded programme on sky+ if there is no signal, That is
what the guy is saying!

js

Old September 20th 03, 08:18 PM
Dale Richards

wrote:

Rain makes no difference between having a bog standard Sky or Sky+.
It's down to how well your dish is aligned. We've had heavy rain,
and it made no difference to the signal strength and quality - about
two thirds strength, and over three quarters max quality on both LNB
inputs.

But you should be able to watch your recording whatever the weather
conditions, regardless of any inaccuracies in dish alignment.

No, you shouldn't. Think about it.

Old September 20th 03, 08:27 PM
Paul Rooney

wrote:

Rain makes no difference between having a bog standard Sky or Sky+.
It's down to how well your dish is aligned. We've had heavy rain,
and it made no difference to the signal strength and quality - about
two thirds strength, and over three quarters max quality on both LNB
inputs.

But you should be able to watch your recording whatever the weather
conditions, regardless of any inaccuracies in dish alignment.

No, you shouldn't. Think about it.

I did think about it. If I record a radio program I can still listen
to it when reception deteriorates later. If I have a TV program on my
hard drive then I should be able to watch it quite independently of
reception. I've paid for it. I've paid to record it.

Old September 20th 03, 08:28 PM
Paul Rooney

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:14:34 +0100, "Jonny Skyman" wrote:

"John Pearse" wrote in message
Rain makes no difference between having a bog standard Sky or Sky+. It's
down to how well your dish is aligned. We've had heavy rain, and it made

no
difference to the signal strength and quality - about two thirds strength,
and over three quarters max quality on both LNB inputs.

You cannot watch a recorded programme on sky+ if there is no signal, That is
what the guy is saying!

js

Which makes it, as he rightly says, a fu**ing crock of sh*t.