tech advise on selective jitters ?

Old May 15th 05, 05:34 PM
macky

Default tech advise on selective jitters ?

My SKY picture keeps freezing (get the jitters real bad) on a few
channels, for example:-

Nick Junior
Sky mix
Paramount Comedy
TCM
True Movies (333)

Bizarrely the quality seems fine on other channels, so is the problem
likely to be the LNB rather than the receiver? Signal strength is a
fixed 70%, quality hovers between 60-70%.

SKY came and fixed a much worse "freezing" problem (all channels) about
6 months ago, so I'm most pi**ed off of this re-occurence (albeit to a
lesser extent). They replaced the LNB but presumably that was only
reconditioned....

Any guidance appreciated.

Old May 15th 05, 05:37 PM
Nige

macky wrote:
My SKY picture keeps freezing (get the jitters real bad) on a few
channels, for example:-

Nick Junior
Sky mix
Paramount Comedy
TCM
True Movies (333)

Bizarrely the quality seems fine on other channels, so is the problem
likely to be the LNB rather than the receiver? Signal strength is a
fixed 70%, quality hovers between 60-70%.

SKY came and fixed a much worse "freezing" problem (all channels)
about 6 months ago, so I'm most pi**ed off of this re-occurence
(albeit to a lesser extent). They replaced the LNB but presumably
that was only reconditioned....

Any guidance appreciated.

Easy, any work is covered by a 12 month warranty surely?

Ring them tosspots & get them back.

--
Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Old May 15th 05, 05:54 PM
macky

I'll ring check out what the guarantee is, thought it might be 3
months, but who knows you may be right !