SKY+

Old August 19th 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Syberian

Default SKY+

Sorry if this asks the obvious, but if i already have standard Sky and i
wish to upgrade to Sky+ it is going to cost me 99 plus a extra 10 a month
extra whatever package i am on. Now i do not mind the 99, but another
tenner, if that is right what a rip off.
TIA

Old August 20th 06, 06:19 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Jomtien

Syberian wrote:

Sorry if this asks the obvious, but if i already have standard Sky and i
wish to upgrade to Sky+ it is going to cost me 99 plus a extra 10 a month
extra whatever package i am on. Now i do not mind the 99, but another
tenner, if that is right what a rip off.

The extra 10 is only payable if your package does not include premium
channels. ie if you don't get films or sport.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/8vef5
UK TV overseas: http://tinyurl.com/6p73
BBC/ITV reception trouble? ; http://www.astra2d.com/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old August 20th 06, 07:50 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Tumbleweed

"Syberian" wrote in message
Sorry if this asks the obvious, but if i already have standard Sky and i
wish to upgrade to Sky+ it is going to cost me 99 plus a extra 10 a
month extra whatever package i am on. Now i do not mind the 99, but
another tenner, if that is right what a rip off.
TIA

a 'rip off' is when you have no choice. You have a choice.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old August 20th 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Beck

Syberian wrote:
Sorry if this asks the obvious, but if i already have standard Sky
and i wish to upgrade to Sky+ it is going to cost me 99 plus a extra
10 a month extra whatever package i am on. Now i do not mind the
99, but another tenner, if that is right what a rip off.
TIA

If you order Sky+ you can opt for multiroom to have sky in another room.
This will cost you 10 extra. If you don't have multiroom you will also pay
10 unless you have premium channels.
So its actually worth the 10 extra to get multiroom and sky+ in the same
deal.

Old August 21st 06, 06:41 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Jomtien

Tumbleweed wrote:

Now i do not mind the 99, but
another tenner, if that is right what a rip off.

a 'rip off' is when you have no choice. You have a choice.

No, a rip-off is asking significantly more than a product/service is
worth.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with choice, nor does anyone actually
have to buy the product or service for it to be a rip-off.

For example: designer jeans are a rip-off. They are no better quality
than the average 10 Tesco pair and probably come from the same
Chinese or Moroccan sweatshop anyway.

Old August 21st 06, 06:41 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Jomtien

Beck wrote:

If you order Sky+ you can opt for multiroom to have sky in another room.
This will cost you 10 extra. If you don't have multiroom you will also pay
10 unless you have premium channels.
So its actually worth the 10 extra to get multiroom and sky+ in the same
deal.

No, because the 10 multiroom payment is on top of the 10 Sky+
payment.

Old August 21st 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
loz

"Jomtien" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:

Now i do not mind the 99, but
another tenner, if that is right what a rip off.

a 'rip off' is when you have no choice. You have a choice.

No, a rip-off is asking significantly more than a product/service is
worth.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with choice, nor does anyone actually
have to buy the product or service for it to be a rip-off.

For example: designer jeans are a rip-off. They are no better quality
than the average 10 Tesco pair and probably come from the same
Chinese or Moroccan sweatshop anyway.

But if you have choice, how can it be a rip-off?
You don't have to buy it.

Sound more like jealousy.
I can't afford it - must be a rip off...

Loz

Old August 21st 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Tumbleweed

"loz" wrote in message
news

"Jomtien" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:

Now i do not mind the 99, but
another tenner, if that is right what a rip off.

a 'rip off' is when you have no choice. You have a choice.

No, a rip-off is asking significantly more than a product/service is
worth.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with choice, nor does anyone actually
have to buy the product or service for it to be a rip-off.

For example: designer jeans are a rip-off. They are no better quality
than the average 10 Tesco pair and probably come from the same
Chinese or Moroccan sweatshop anyway.

But if you have choice, how can it be a rip-off?
You don't have to buy it.

Sound more like jealousy.
I can't afford it - must be a rip off...

Loz

agreed, to me a rip off is when you have no choice. You are only 'ripped
off' if you have to pay, usually because of the circumstances, such as
buying popcorn at the cinema, food at an airport, etc. Designer jeans arent
a 'rip off, because you arent forced to buy them, since you have a
choice,say Gucci jeans or Tesco's, Guccis arent a rip off, they are just
expensive or costly or overpriced depending on your POV.

Old August 21st 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky
Tumbleweed

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"loz" wrote in message
news

"Jomtien" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:

[...]

.....plus they have a label that says 'Gucci' which to some people (probably
most of the ones buying them ) is worth every penny of the extra cost.
Hence, no rip off.

I once visited a factory in Mauritius that made those La Coste Polo Shirts.
You could buy them without the croc logo for about 2, or with it stuck on,
for a tenner or so. Were people who bought them for a tenner of their own
free will being 'ripped off'? I dont think so, they thought it was worth it
for the little croc and the status they felt it gave them.