Sky HD for 75

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22nd 08, 09:25 AM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
Ed[_8_]

Default Sky HD for 75

On Jul 22, 12:07*am, "Felicity S." [email protected] wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
Ed wrote:
Felicity S. wrote:
I'm not being picky. You keep telling me that I can get a HD box for
just 75 but if I want to watch TV with it, the cost is 417 for the
first year alone. Now Nigel Barker tells me (thanks Nigel) that after
one year I can cancel all subscriptions but then I will no longer be
able to use the recording function - which is the whole point.
This means that if I want to continue using the machine for say five
years it'd cost me a horrifying 1,665 for a supposedly cheap box!
No hidden costs? Pah!
I didnt say that and you know it.
You said (it's further up the thread) "Nothing hidden."
I said Sky HD. SKY implies subscription costs.
It was because Sky equals subscription costs that I asked you for the
costs which you didn't mention. And you qualified the price with "just"
which implies that there are no further costs. And while I don't mind
an installation fee and expected a minimum subscription, quite honestly
I'm appalled that they charge 10/month to use the HD box later on.
If you want an HD Freesat PVR then wait until Humax bring one out!
The buzz is that the manufacturers of the Sky box are bringing out
a modified & enhanced model for Freesat - which will automatically
have double the recording capacity and of course no hidden costs.

I do hope so. A sky box has double the recording capacity it allows
you, but half the disk is locked for use only by $ky.

Until one of your teenagers accesses it and runs up higher bills?

Fliss

No, the reserved area of a Sky box's disk is used by 'Anytime TV',
Sky's laughable attempt at TV on demand.

As for teenagers running up bills, you can do two things to prevent
that. Set a pin for purchases via the box, or accidentally forget to
plug in the phone connection.