Switching between live and recorded on a DirecTivo?

Old April 6th 04, 02:14 PM
wkearney99

Default Switching between live and recorded on a DirecTivo?

Is there some magic sequence to hit for toggling between watching something from
the NPL and live TV?

As in, watching something from the now playing list and wanting to jump out to
live TV for a sec and then back to the recorded program.

I know it's possible to jump between the two live tuners (down arrow). And when
watching a recorded program it's possible to hit the Live TV button to watch it.
But is there a key that will then jump right back to the recorded program? I
mean, other than hitting the List button and then Select a few times to get back
to 'Resume playing".

Yeah, yeah, I know, "don't watch live TV". But please, let's spare us from
/those/ rants.

-Bill Kearney

Old April 6th 04, 03:47 PM
SINNER

While strolling through alt.video.ptv.tivo, wkearney99 was overheard
plotting:

Is there some magic sequence to hit for toggling between watching
something from the NPL and live TV?

As in, watching something from the now playing list and wanting to
jump out to live TV for a sec and then back to the recorded
program.

I know it's possible to jump between the two live tuners (down
arrow). And when watching a recorded program it's possible to hit
the Live TV button to watch it. But is there a key that will then
jump right back to the recorded program? I mean, other than
hitting the List button and then Select a few times to get back
to 'Resume playing".

Yeah, yeah, I know, "don't watch live TV". But please, let's
spare us from /those/ rants.

-Bill Kearney

If you go LEFT on the disc while in a Live broadcast (after previously
watching an NPL show) you will be right on the item you were watching,
simply pressing PLAY at that point will begin the NPL show.

Essentially 2 button presses to get to the NPL show and ONE to get back
to live TV. I dont think there is a shorter way.

--
David