Some guys are sick !

Old November 2nd 03, 02:23 PM
Nigel Barker

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:28:29 GMT, Jomtien wrote:

Dale Richards wrote:

I don't know if
eBay have a rule against this but they should do.

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

I think that you've missed the point here. Ebay's customers are not the people
who buy things on the auctions. Their customers are the people who are selling
items. It's just like estate agents their customers are not the people buying
houses but those people selling them.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Old November 2nd 03, 06:08 PM
Dewi

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:28:29 GMT, Jomtien uttered:

Dale Richards wrote:

I don't know if
eBay have a rule against this but they should do.

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

It's customers are the 'auction' owners, not the people who bid/win
the auctions

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)
Old November 3rd 03, 07:56 AM
Jomtien

Nigel Barker wrote:

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

I think that you've missed the point here. Ebay's customers are not the people
who buy things on the auctions. Their customers are the people who are selling
items. It's just like estate agents their customers are not the people buying
houses but those people selling them.

I understand that though the final customers are of course those who
pay. Ebay own Paypal and buyers using Paypal will be also contributing
to Ebay's coffers, with little or no security if anything goes wrong.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/tez5
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.co.uk/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old November 3rd 03, 07:56 AM
Jomtien

Dewi wrote:

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

It's customers are the 'auction' owners, not the people who bid/win
the auctions

Without the bidders there are no sellers. Part of the Ebay vendor's
fee provides for "buyer's insurance", though Ebay always try and
wriggle out of paying up for anything.

Old November 3rd 03, 12:44 PM

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 12:55:07 -0000, "trappeduser"
wrote:

How is he breaking the law, or ebay rules?

LOL!

You are laughing at someone asking hows he is breaking the law? Noone
has yest mentioned which law this is meant to be.
Old November 3rd 03, 01:03 PM
Harold Steptoe

wrote:

How is he breaking the law, or ebay rules?

LOL!

You are laughing at someone asking hows he is breaking the law? Noone
has yest mentioned which law this is meant to be.

Trades descriptions Act?

Old November 3rd 03, 03:46 PM
Dewi

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:56:48 GMT, Jomtien uttered:

Dewi wrote:

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

It's customers are the 'auction' owners, not the people who bid/win
the auctions

Without the bidders there are no sellers. Part of the Ebay vendor's
fee provides for "buyer's insurance", though Ebay always try and
wriggle out of paying up for anything.

Don't all ;-)

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)
Old November 3rd 03, 04:35 PM
Nigel Barker

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:56:48 GMT, Jomtien wrote:

Dewi wrote:

Ebay don't seem to care about anything at all, apart from being paid.
Rarely have I come across a company less concerned about its
customers.

It's customers are the 'auction' owners, not the people who bid/win
the auctions

Without the bidders there are no sellers. Part of the Ebay vendor's
fee provides for "buyer's insurance", though Ebay always try and
wriggle out of paying up for anything.

What's the difference between Ebay auctions & small ads in a local newspaper? If
the priceless antique that your bought turns out to be a dud I don't see how
either Ebay or the newspaper are responsible for you ignoring the dictum 'caveat
emptor'. I do realise that Ebay does give a veneer of respectability to what is
little more than a tarted up version of flogging items through alt.x.advert
newsgroups. People should realise that it's just as reliable.

Old November 4th 03, 10:54 AM
Jomtien

Nigel Barker wrote:

What's the difference between Ebay auctions & small ads in a local newspaper? If
the priceless antique that your bought turns out to be a dud I don't see how
either Ebay or the newspaper are responsible for you ignoring the dictum 'caveat
emptor'.

If the small ad is from a commercial vendor then you have some
comeback in that professional ads have to be accurate by law. I would
say that "buy it now" auctions are not auctions at all but simply
small ads and as such should be accurate.

Old November 4th 03, 12:31 PM

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:03:43 -0000, "Harold Steptoe"
wrote:

You are laughing at someone asking hows he is breaking the law? Noone
has yest mentioned which law this is meant to be.

Trades descriptions Act?

In what way?