LIVE SNOOKER at last!

Old April 23rd 04, 12:40 AM

I hear that sky are going to "unvail" in the next snooker event on sky
sports, the TIP CAM.

A small camera inserted into the tip of the cue for all those dramatic
shots, and even better angles. Plenty of shots of the roofs of places
aswell.

:-)

(if this does happen I want royalties from this invention........are you
listening Rupert..I'll bring down SKY........i wish)

F!RE

"PhilÅ" wrote in message
I must admit, it is pretty impressive stuff.

I tried the interactive and to switch between the live tables was great.
Just haven't got a "Player Cam yet!"..

"Brendan DJ Murphy" wrote in message
I remember that infamous night back in 1985 when I was a mere teenager.

I remember watching Steve Davis and Denis Taylor on my black&white telly

in my bedroom when my
parents thought I was asleep!!!!

I remember that final well and I tend to enjoy watching the World

Champion
Snooker on BBC.
However, generally, BBC only show edited highlights of the day's games.

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game

watch, and more
importantly, watch that game LIVE!!!

It makes so much difference when you watch a sporting event live

compared
to watching edited
highlights.

Well done BBC. This is what interactive digital TV is all about. Keep

up the good example to
other TV producers..

(Please don't reply to this post if your only comment is to state that

you
don't like snooker and
find it boring)
Some of us enjoy it!

--
Brendan DJ Murphy
Rayleigh, Essex, 51:34N 0:36E 30m asl

Old April 23rd 04, 08:13 PM
Brendan DJ Murphy

Default LIVE SNOOKER at last!

I remember that infamous night back in 1985 when I was a mere teenager.

I remember watching Steve Davis and Denis Taylor on my black&white telly in my bedroom when my
parents thought I was asleep!!!!

I remember that final well and I tend to enjoy watching the World Champion Snooker on BBC.
However, generally, BBC only show edited highlights of the day's games.

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game to watch, and more

Old April 23rd 04, 10:32 PM
Mark A

Brendan DJ Murphy wrote:

(Please don't reply to this post if your only comment is to state that
you don't like snooker and find it boring)
Some of us enjoy it!

Yes, but I don't like snooker and find it bor... oh, bugger!

Regards

Mark

Old April 24th 04, 07:28 AM
Paul Hyett

In uk.media.tv.sky on Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Brendan DJ Murphy wrote :

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game to
watch, and more
importantly, watch that game LIVE!!!

Yes - it certainly makes a change that the BBC have done something
right.

It makes so much difference when you watch a sporting event live compared to
watching edited
highlights.

Especially when they tend to edit out precisely the bits I want to see.

It's usually something like 'X' made 3 consecutive century breaks, but
we'll show you the next frames boring safety exchange instead...
--
Paul 'US Sitcom Fan' Hyett

Old April 24th 04, 10:45 AM
firestarter

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
In uk.media.tv.sky on Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Brendan DJ Murphy wrote :

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game

watch, and more
importantly, watch that game LIVE!!!

Yes - it certainly makes a change that the BBC have done something
right.

....and a quick word of appreciation to British Eurosport for showing hour
after hour of LIVE coverage.

8-)

Switching between live and recorded on a DirecTivo? wkearney99 Tivo personal television 2 April 6th 04 04:17 PM
Watching live & DirecTiVo changes the channel! [email protected] Tivo personal television 94 January 29th 04 11:22 PM
Live pause problems >{daZza} UK sky 7 January 29th 04 10:43 AM
Disable 'Revert to Live TV' Timeout? Ryan Kawailani Ozawa Tivo personal television 11 November 28th 03 08:05 PM