LIVE SNOOKER at last!

Old April 24th 04, 10:45 AM
firestarter

"Paul Hyett" wrote in message
In uk.media.tv.sky on Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Brendan DJ Murphy wrote :

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game

watch, and more
importantly, watch that game LIVE!!!

Yes - it certainly makes a change that the BBC have done something
right.

....and a quick word of appreciation to British Eurosport for showing hour
after hour of LIVE coverage.

8-)

Old April 24th 04, 11:10 AM
Brendan DJ Murphy

...and a quick word of appreciation to British Eurosport for showing hour
after hour of LIVE coverage.

Its not live on Eurosport.
It has "LIVE" written on the screen but it isn't!

Try looking at a game on Eurosport and then watch the same game on BBCi

Brendan

Old April 24th 04, 05:27 PM
Phil

"Brendan DJ Murphy" wrote in message

Try looking at a game on Eurosport and then watch the same game on BBCi

Just did, same at the moment.

Phil

Old April 24th 04, 06:46 PM
Brendan DJ Murphy

Yes. I checked earlier today and it was identical to the live match on BBCi

However, I did notice the other day that it was about 2 frames behind earlier in the week.

--
Brendan DJ Murphy
Rayleigh, Essex, 51:34N 0:36E 30m asl

Old April 27th 04, 09:00 AM
Nigel Barker

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:13:15 +0100, "Brendan DJ Murphy"
wrote:

At last, the viewer now has the facility to pick and choose which game to watch, and more
importantly, watch that game LIVE!!!

It makes so much difference when you watch a sporting event live compared to watching edited
highlights.

Well done BBC. This is what interactive digital TV is all about. Keep up the good example to
other TV producers..

With all this interactive TV nonsense. This is the only useful feature along
with Wimbledon where again you get to choose which match to watch.

BTW I watch neither but do appreciate that it is nice for those who enjoy these
sports.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Old April 27th 04, 09:00 AM
Nigel Barker

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:46:48 +0100, "Brendan DJ Murphy"
wrote:

Yes. I checked earlier today and it was identical to the live match on BBCi

However, I did notice the other day that it was about 2 frames behind earlier in the week.

That could be the pause live TV function of Sky+ kicking in:-)

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Switching between live and recorded on a DirecTivo? wkearney99 Tivo personal television 2 April 6th 04 04:17 PM
Watching live & DirecTiVo changes the channel! [email protected] Tivo personal television 94 January 29th 04 11:22 PM
Live pause problems >{daZza} UK sky 7 January 29th 04 10:43 AM
Disable 'Revert to Live TV' Timeout? Ryan Kawailani Ozawa Tivo personal television 11 November 28th 03 08:05 PM