Freesat in shared dish tower blocks?

Old February 15th 05, 11:00 AM
->Man Mountain

Default Freesat in shared dish tower blocks?

Hello there

just got myself a freesat card from sky for an old sky box. Currently
seeing everything except ITV1, C4 and C5 (it sees ITV2 but tells me my card
isn't authorised).

I had a bit of a look on the web and saw this at the Sky Freesat page
quote
What's the difference between Freeview and Sky's freesat offer?
With Sky's freesat offering, youreceive the digital signal via a satellite
dish. With Freeview, the digital signal is received via an aerial. Freeview
currently has coverage in around 75% of the country compared with Sky's
coverage of 98%.* Freesat from Sky also has over five times the number of
channels available on Freeview and you can upgrade to Sky digital at any
time without the need for new digital satellite equipment or installation.

*It will not be possible to install if you will be sharing a dish on a block
of flats.

quote

Anyone know why that would be the case? I seem to be getting everything else
fine....

cheers

Steve

Old February 15th 05, 12:37 PM
Mark Carver

-Man Mountain- wrote:
Hello there

just got myself a freesat card from sky for an old sky box. Currently
seeing everything except ITV1, C4 and C5 (it sees ITV2 but tells me my card
isn't authorised).

Have you phoned Sky to get the card authorised yet ? Also what s/w is
the Sky box running (Services-Option 4)? You might need to force an
upgrade.

Being on a shared dish is not an issue in this case.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old February 15th 05, 03:21 PM
->Man Mountain

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
-Man Mountain- wrote:
Hello there

just got myself a freesat card from sky for an old sky box. Currently
seeing everything except ITV1, C4 and C5 (it sees ITV2 but tells me my

card
isn't authorised).

Have you phoned Sky to get the card authorised yet ? Also what s/w is
the Sky box running (Services-Option 4)? You might need to force an
upgrade.

Being on a shared dish is not an issue in this case.

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply

Cheers,
rang Sky up, got the card authorised, did a new installation option thingy,
all sorted now!

Steve

Old February 15th 05, 04:08 PM
John Porcella

"-Man Mountain-" wrote in
message ...
[...]

I am genuinely puzzled! So what if the system is shared? If the signal is
present, then you should get what you have been authorised to get!

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella