Adverts on ITV3

Old December 17th 05, 09:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Adverts on ITV3

Just surfing the freeview channels and waiting for a film to start on ITV3,
one of the adverts was for Imodium - "cure that diarrhoea!", followed
closely by one for Sainsbury's "Christmas Log", complete with full screen
photo of said log.
Put me off my dinner.

--
SR

Old December 17th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

eadg wrote in
:

Just surfing the freeview channels and waiting for a film to start on
ITV3, one of the adverts was for Imodium - "cure that diarrhoea!",
followed closely by one for Sainsbury's "Christmas Log", complete
with full screen photo of said log.
Put me off my dinner.

LOL - someone in the scheduling department has a sense of humour!

Old December 18th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

What depresses me the most is all the adverts during the daytime on freeview
channels regarding loans! The advert with the sweet elderly couple sitting
at home saying things like 'Debt Solutions helped us to buy a conservatory.
We asked them for 1,000,000 and the kind lady on the phone said it would be
no problem, we filled in details over the phone and debt recovery thug
called for over a week. It really is that simple.'

Old December 18th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Keith" wrote in message
What depresses me the most is all the adverts during the daytime on

freeview
channels regarding loans! The advert with the sweet elderly couple sitting
at home saying things like 'Debt Solutions helped us to buy a

conservatory.
We asked them for 1,000,000 and the kind lady on the phone said it would

be
no problem, we filled in details over the phone and debt recovery thug
called for over a week. It really is that simple.'

Those adverts work on the assumption that theres one tw*t born every minute.
And the people taking up the service, proves that the assumption is correct.

I think such ad's should be banned from TV. They just encourage the tw*ts
in society to get into further problems.

The best way to run your life is; If you can't afford it, don't have it.
These companies are not in it for the good of the customer. Remember that
little thought, and you`ll not go far wrong.

Merry Christmas to you all. Even to the tw*ts out there too!

Old December 18th 05, 12:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
John wrote:

[Snip]

These companies are not in it for the good of the customer.

doesn't that apply to any company?

--
From KT24 - in "leafy" Surrey

Using a RISC OS5 computer
Old December 18th 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"charles" wrote in message
John wrote:

[Snip]

These companies are not in it for the good of the customer.

doesn't that apply to any company?

Yes, course it does. At which point did I say otherwise?

Many companies do have morals though, but these type of outfits are very
short on morals.

If someone offers you something that sounds too good to be true, then it
probably is.

Its a case of using your common sense.

The problem with 'common sense', is that its not so common!

Old December 18th 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Those adverts work on the assumption that theres one tw*t born every

minute.
And the people taking up the service, proves that the assumption is

correct.

I think such ad's should be banned from TV. They just encourage the tw*ts
in society to get into further problems.

I think that using an apostrophe to indicate a plural should be banned from
Usenet. There are enough tw*ts around already without having to put up with
this nonsense.

The best way to run your life is; If you can't afford it, don't have it.

Indeed! If you need a plural, then do not use an apostrophe needlessly!

These companies are not in it for the good of the customer. Remember that
little thought, and you`ll not go far wrong.

Indeed, remember that little thought, and you`ll not go far wrong.

Merry Christmas to you all. Even to the tw*ts out there too!

Merry Christmas to one and all, tw*ts included.

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old December 18th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Many companies do have morals though, but these type of outfits are very
short on morals.

Some people are not short of apostrophes, alas.

If someone offers you something that sounds too good to be true, then it
probably is.

Just because an apostrophe is used does not make it right.

Its a case of using your common sense.

You see, this is where I have issues. Why did you use an apostrophe in the
thread above, when it was totally unnecessary, yet you refuse to use one
when it is necessary!

Please note: "Its" does not mean 'It is'.

The problem with 'common sense', is that its not so common!

The problem with apostrophes is that many are too ignorant to know when they
should or should not use them!

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old December 18th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"John Porcella" wrote in message
snip

The problem with apostrophes is that many are too ignorant to know

when they
should or should not use them!

Whilst those who keep going on about their miss use are t*sser
without a f*cking life...

Old December 19th 05, 01:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

[...]

The Apostrophe kid strikes again. It really is a pity you never add
anything useful to a thread. Such a waste of your keyboard.....
Merry Christmas John!

ps. Are you a member of BOFARS by any chance : ))

Volume levels of adverts gtl UK digital tv 23 December 1st 05 06:09 PM
ITV3: sky 119 Chris UK sky 3 November 9th 04 05:21 AM
ITV3 problems Simon UK digital tv 8 November 4th 04 11:47 AM
ITV3 soundmix UK digital tv 2 July 1st 04 12:55 PM
ITV3 soundmix UK digital tv 0 July 1st 04 09:53 AM