Any Sky deals going?

Old August 22nd 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell

Default Any Sky deals going?

"Nigel Barker" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:05:12 +0100, Mike wrote:

When broadcast digital TV achieves the quality of analogue telly in
the late 80's do let me know. I'll probably be eaten by worms by then
though.

BBC HD looks rather better than analogue TV ever did whatever the decade.
That's digital isn't it?
--

Cheers

Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur

Sounds just like the old "CD" isn't as good as "LP". What a surprise when
the likes of Linn embraced CD.

HD TV sets are the equivalent of an expensive pair of speakers. Decent
speakers make crackly old AM radio sound awful because they are designed to
let as much detail through from decent sources. Yet AM on tiny radio speaker
is OK.

So HD TV sets show how bad SD digital broadcasts are because they are
designed to show the detail in HD broadcasts. Is that the fault of the HD TV
or the broadcasters?

Sky + deals? my large muppet UK sky 3 November 22nd 06 08:27 PM
Any deals on the HD DirectTiVo? Fred Bloggs Tivo personal television 5 October 12th 04 07:33 PM
Sky+ deals Jonathan UK sky 27 September 4th 04 09:19 AM
Sky sports - any deals tosh UK sky 8 March 24th 04 10:40 AM
Sky sports - any deals tosh UK sky 0 March 24th 04 08:57 AM