Freesat Dish Question

Old June 30th 08, 11:43 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Ed

Default Freesat Dish Question

On Jun 30, 11:21*am, "John Russell"
wrote:
"Ed" wrote in message

On Jun 30, 9:39 am, Mike Plowman wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:32:29 -0700 (PDT), Ed
wrote:

On Jun 30, 9:28 am, Ed wrote:
On Jun 30, 9:26 am, Mike Plowman wrote:

And can I therefore assume that there is nothing stopping me using one
of the 2 spare outlets on the LNB to run a cable to a Freesat box
whilst also running the Sky box?

It would be, as they say, a piece of ****. If you can climb a ladder,
the job's a good 'un.
Cheers Mike.
Why are there no Freesat PVRs for sale?

How successful are Freeview PVR's? I'm sure there are sky haters wanting a
Freesat SKY+ but is that the bulk of the target market?

I have Sky+ and am hoping that the second the Freesat PVRs go on sale
sky will drop the 10 a month charge to stop people leaving
Old June 30th 08, 12:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Krustov

uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:21:24 +0100

How successful are Freeview PVR's?

The biggest gripe seems to be that most freeview pvrs dont have a series
link - and the epg on freeview boxes is nowhere near as good as skys .

--
www.krustov.co.uk
Old June 30th 08, 12:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Krustov

uk.media.tv.misc
Ed
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 03:43:56 -0700 (PDT)

I have Sky+ and am hoping that the second the Freesat PVRs go on sale
sky will drop the 10 a month charge to stop people leaving

But most people wont leave sky when the freesat pvrs come out because
the chances are they will be half way through a series on sky one or the
scifi channel etc .

And even if somebody does intend to leave after a certain series is
finished - then the chances are they will have started to watch a new
series by then - and its a never ending loop .

--
www.krustov.co.uk
Old June 30th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
John Russell

wrote:

On Jun 30, 9:28 am, Ed wrote:
On Jun 30, 9:26 am, Mike Plowman wrote:

And can I therefore assume that there is nothing stopping me using one
of the 2 spare outlets on the LNB to run a cable to a Freesat box
whilst also running the Sky box?

It would be, as they say, a piece of ****. If you can climb a ladder,
the job's a good 'un.
Cheers Mike.
Why are there no Freesat PVRs for sale?

How successful are Freeview PVR's? I'm sure there are sky haters wanting a
Freesat SKY+ but is that the bulk of the target market?

I have Sky+ and am hoping that the second the Freesat PVRs go on sale
sky will drop the 10 a month charge to stop people leaving.

I do find it strange that people think SKY customers want "sat" TV for it's
own sake, and will move to Freesat to get their "fix" for nothing. SKY
customers want the channels they can only get from SKY. I can't see the
point of paying for TV you don't want, how ever it's delivered.

Old June 30th 08, 12:56 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Krustov

uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:32:00 +0100

I have Sky+ and am hoping that the second the Freesat PVRs go on sale
sky will drop the 10 a month charge to stop people leaving.

I do find it strange that people think SKY customers want "sat" TV for it's
own sake, and will move to Freesat to get their "fix" for nothing. SKY
customers want the channels they can only get from SKY.

I've arranged to have 'freesat by sky' fitted (150) but unless they
make me a offer i cant refuse then i'm unlikely to subscribe to any pay
tv packages they offer .

(not even sure i would be interested in a half price deal for six months
and it would need to be a year at half price to interest me)

While sky know their customers well - its possible they might have
missed out on this one as its kinda hard to miss what you dont have .

Perhaps thats why sky is so keen to push the 75 option when you phone
them - because the hook to get you subscribed will eventually make them
lots more money .

--
www.krustov.co.uk
Old June 30th 08, 01:15 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Nigel Barker[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:56:33 +0100, Krustov wrote:

uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:32:00 +0100

[...]

You would have saved 75 pounds by opting for the Sky "Pay Once Watch Forever"
offer. You even get a 4 Mix Sky subscription for four months included in the
price of just 75 pounds. Just remember to cancel the subscription before the 4
months is up.
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/adv...-Watch-Forever
--

Cheers

Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur
Old June 30th 08, 01:17 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Nigel Barker[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:09:45 +0100, Krustov wrote:

uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:21:24 +0100

How successful are Freeview PVR's?

The biggest gripe seems to be that most freeview pvrs dont have a series
link - and the epg on freeview boxes is nowhere near as good as skys .

The Sky EPG is poor. It is 10 years old & has never been updated. Slow, clunky
& ugly. A decent computer based PVR has a far better EPG.

Old June 30th 08, 01:20 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
John Russell

"Nigel Barker" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:09:45 +0100, Krustov wrote:

uk.media.tv.misc
John Russell
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:21:24 +0100

How successful are Freeview PVR's?

The biggest gripe seems to be that most freeview pvrs dont have a series
link - and the epg on freeview boxes is nowhere near as good as skys .

The Sky EPG is poor. It is 10 years old & has never been updated. Slow,
clunky
& ugly. A decent computer based PVR has a far better EPG.

The SKY HD EPG is to be updated in the Autumn. The aim is to go towards a
program oriented system, rather than channel based. That alloys VOD to be
integrated as VOD dosn't have a channel.

Old June 30th 08, 01:34 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Krustov

uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:15:40 +0200

You would have saved 75 pounds by opting for the Sky "Pay Once Watch Forever"
offer. You even get a 4 Mix Sky subscription for four months included in the
price of just 75 pounds. Just remember to cancel the subscription before the 4
months is up.

With the 75 option you also need to keep the sky box connected to a
phone line for one year - or you are in breach of contract .

--
www.krustov.co.uk
Old June 30th 08, 01:44 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.media.tv.sky
Nigel Barker[_2_]

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:34:59 +0100, Krustov wrote:

uk.media.tv.misc
Nigel Barker
Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:15:40 +0200

You would have saved 75 pounds by opting for the Sky "Pay Once Watch Forever"
offer. You even get a 4 Mix Sky subscription for four months included in the
price of just 75 pounds. Just remember to cancel the subscription before the 4
months is up.

With the 75 option you also need to keep the sky box connected to a
phone line for one year - or you are in breach of contract .

I would happily do that to save 75 pounds.