AT700 ?

Old May 15th 19, 08:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default AT700 ?

"tony sayer" wrote in message
news
Which large numbers of rural (and some not so rural) folks can
only dream about (for now).

Odd you should say that but around parts of North Essex there digging
fibre in like demented rabbits might, seems in some small hamlets you
can get 1 Gig fibre now!...

Shame that in rural North Yorkshire, the smallest villages are the ones that
are often furthest from their exchange and therefore in the greatest need of
fibre but the least likely to get it because of the small number of
potential customers.

Also, some towns have no fibre to certain districts/streets, probably
because the streets are wired for Virgin cable and BT OR decide not to
prioritise upgrading cabinets to FTTC. When we were looking in
Knaresborough, we found that this applied to large parts of the Aspin Estate
(or Aspirin Estate, as we call it).

I've had to survive on 1.8 Mbps/0.1 Mbps (Down/Up) (figures from
Speedtest.net) in my parents' holiday cottage where we've been living for
the last year-and-a-bit since we sold our old house. Roll on next week when
we move to 50 Mbps/20 Mbps at our new house. On the other hand, I'll
probably have to get used to TV by satellite rather than terrestrial because
reception is reported by reception sites (eg JavaJive) as being
non-existent, even though the vendors say they get good reception and
everyone has aerials pointing over the hill to Belmont.

Old May 16th 19, 02:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 15/05/2019 20:23, NY wrote:

hand, I'll probably have to get used to TV by satellite rather than
terrestrial because reception is reported by reception sites (eg
JavaJive) as being non-existent, even though the vendors say they get
good reception and everyone has aerials pointing over the hill to Belmont.

We happily use Freesat despite having a clear view of Emley.