Periodic break up

Old May 17th 19, 09:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default Periodic break up

In article , Mark Carver
wrote:
On 17/05/2019 08:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
Which is why I doubt its those as presumably they would need to be co
channeled and not audible. Back int' old days you could hear the
interfering station on a scanner quite clearly, but on digital its
just like a hiss with tiny pulses in it so hard to tell the actual
levels of interference.

Unless you have some sort of DSP receiver built into your brain, it's
impossible to tell what's going on. Two CODFM signals on top of each
other won't look (on an analyser) or sound any different to one.

That set me wondering about how easy it might be to detect any offset
between the guard interval periods of the competing signals...

Jim

Old May 17th 19, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 31, 2019.

On Thu, 16 May 2019 13:27:06 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , Mark Carver
wrote:
On 16/05/2019 07:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
I noticed last night that some channels on freeview seemed to go very
stuttery at regular intervals, almost like there was some impulse
interference almost disrupting the digital lock of the channels
concerned. I could not hear anything using a scanner on any frequencies
so have to conclude it was part of the transmission.

More likely CCI from Belmont, there's been a bit of lift evident this
week thanks to the weather.

Brian's bearing to CP is almost at right angles to Bilsdale; more likely to
be from the continent.

Farage should be putting a stop to that :-)
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old May 17th 19, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 31, 2019.

On Thu, 16 May 2019 15:18:30 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Well, yes I think it could be as the normal alignment of the aerial used to
pick up Belgian and even German stations in the analogue days on uhf. Just
on a 21 ele antiference log.

Did you ever consider switching to Freesat, Brian?
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old May 17th 19, 12:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 17/05/2019 09:02, Mark Carver wrote:
On 17/05/2019 08:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
Which is why I doubt its those as presumably they would need to be co
channeled and not audible. Back int' old days you could hear the
interfering
station on a scannerÂ* quite clearly, but on digital its just like a hiss
with tiny pulses in it so hard to tell the actualÂ* levels of
interference.

Unless you have some sort of DSP receiver built into your brain, it's
impossible to tell what's going on. Two CODFM signals on top of each
other won't look (on an analyser) or sound any different to one.

It would be interesting to try that.

Old May 17th 19, 12:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:
On 16/05/2019 07:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
I noticed last night that some channels on freeview seemed to go very
stuttery at regular intervals, almost like there was some impulse
interference almost disrupting the digital lock of the channels
concerned. I could not hear anything using a scanner on any frequencies
so have to conclude it was part of the transmission.

More likely CCI from Belmont, there's been a bit of lift evident this
week thanks to the weather.

Brian's bearing to CP is almost at right angles to Bilsdale; more likely to
be from the continent.

Farage should be putting a stop to that :-)

Build a wall (from steel mesh?)

Old May 17th 19, 02:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Madge

wrote:
Brian's bearing to CP is almost at right angles to Bilsdale; more
likely to
be from the continent.

Farage should be putting a stop to that :-)

Build a wall (from steel mesh?)

Bill

A Faraday wall instead of a cage. Nah! It ain't going to work