Undeclared changes?

Old May 17th 19, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default Undeclared changes?

On 17/05/2019 09:58, Jim Lesurf wrote:

I was interested to see that the stream pids haven't changed. So my Linux
based recording methods didn't need to alter as they find the pids via
channel 'name'.

This makes me suspect that when they shuffle the muxs I might be able to
simply alter the frequencies for each affected station and the pids, etc,
will again remain the same. Is this to be expected?

I tried that when LBC and Classic FM moved muxes in February, by editing
the tuning tables from my Samsung telly and blasting them back in. It
didn't work.

That was using ChanSort

https://sourceforge.net/projects/chansort/

It works really well for re-ordering EPG positions though

--
Mark
Old May 17th 19, 06:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , Mark Carver
wrote:
tried that when LBC and Classic FM moved muxes in February, by editing
the tuning tables from my Samsung telly and blasting them back in. It
didn't work.

Just checked, and from the old files here I see that Karsick FM was

0 1301 26304 in Dec 2017

and is

0 1801 22848 now.

So, yes, change of pid values.

However wasn't that a change in the host mux? ... which is different from a
mux changing its TX channel for all it carries. That presumably doesn't
require any pid changes. (?)

Jim

Old May 19th 19, 12:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Fri, 17 May 2019 09:58:12 +0100, Jim Lesurf wrote:

This makes me suspect that when they shuffle the muxs I might be able to
simply alter the frequencies for each affected station and the pids, etc,
will again remain the same. Is this to be expected?

Yes.