OT: memory

Old April 6th 19, 12:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default OT: memory

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 20:09:47 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

This morning, having put on my right boot, I went on a hunt round the
house for my left boot. Eventually it crossed my mind that I was
walking well for a man who was wearing only one boot. Looking down I
was surprised to see that my left boot was on my left foot.
Presumably I had put it on and then forgotten.

Bill

Hence the saying: "The boot's on the other foot".

--
Davey.
Old April 6th 19, 12:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Davey" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 20:09:47 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

This morning, having put on my right boot, I went on a hunt round the
house for my left boot. Eventually it crossed my mind that I was
walking well for a man who was wearing only one boot. Looking down I
was surprised to see that my left boot was on my left foot.
Presumably I had put it on and then forgotten.

Bill

Hence the saying: "The boot's on the other foot".

Could have been worse: you could have put the right boot on the left foot
and vice versa. I've done that occasionally with my slippers which are soft
enough that it feels *almost* right, but there's definitely a feeling of
"summat's up".