More snake oil?

Old April 6th 19, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default More snake oil?

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 16:20:55 +0100
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Yes the word Province makes it maybe more Canadian than anything
else, but it still makes a great April fool.
Brian
PS back in the day of the zx spectrum I wrote a program which
suggested it kept the edge connector clean using HF signals if run
for a few minutes once a day. it made pretty patterns in the borders
and nice sounding noises.

It was of course free and an April Fool joke. Some people did believe
it though as I invented a credible eastern European inventor to
quote. Brian

I once programmed a process control terminal at a GM plant in Michigan,
whereby if you pressed any key other than one of the ones that
actually were needed, PacMan ate his way through the screen, it
displayed "Now You've Done It!", and finally reverted to the original
screen. It stayed there for several years, I recently met the GM
engineer I was working for at the time.

You have to have some fun while working.

--
Davey.