TOT: Wisdom of Ted, age 5

Old April 11th 19, 09:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Default TOT: Wisdom of Ted, age 5

"Graham." wrote in message
My grandson was asked, "Who was the first man on the moon". Quick
as a flash, he replied "Louis Armstrong".

It is to my eternal shame that once I'd got the idea of Louis Armstrong
being "the first man on the moon" implanted in my brain, I had to think for
about 10 seconds before I got Neil Armstrong's first name. If you'd asked me
without first making me think of Louis I could have told you immediately.

Old April 11th 19, 09:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 11/04/2019 21:38, NY wrote:
"Graham." wrote in message
My grandson was asked, "Who was the first man on the moon". Quick
as a flash, he replied "Louis Armstrong".

It is to my eternal shame that once I'd got the idea of Louis Armstrong
being "the first man on the moon" implanted in my brain, I had to think
for about 10 seconds before I got Neil Armstrong's first name. If you'd
asked me without first making me think of Louis I could have told you
immediately.

I was in the Science Museum listening to a talk once about the Apollo
missions, and the presenter asked the name of the man in command module.
I'm really bad with names (and faces) but I answered without thinking.

He said "Usually nobody knows".

But this might interest you. I haven't listened to it yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0004482/hardtalk-michael-collins-apollo-11-astronaut

aka

http://tinyurl.com/yyemlbue

Andy
Old April 12th 19, 08:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

This illustrates how memories are recalled and restored every time they are
accessed and why propaganda can work if subtle enough.
Was not the experiment in Europe of what colour was the Concorde when it
first flew. It was in fact white but due to some casually implanted fake
memories during conversations, many of the group swore it was silver.

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old April 12th 19, 08:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

If you ask who went to the Moon twice but never landed though?
Jim Lovell, he was on Apollo 8 that flight around the moon at Christmas,
and on the ill fated 13 which suffered ruptured tanks due to the limit
switch in the cryo tank being welded shut by incorrect test voltages at the
cape which nobody noticed till it was too late.

On 11/04/2019 21:38, NY wrote:
"Graham." wrote in message
[...]

A young minister of religion gave a sermon I heard using the
first* moon landing as an allegory of a co-operative enterprise.
Unfortunately, his version of the event had Armstrong landing
alone, and Aldrin waiting in the CM.

* I doubt if he realised any subsequent manned landings took place.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

TOT the wit and wisdom of Ben, 3 Bill Wright[_2_] UK digital tv 16 June 12th 13 05:01 PM
TOT The wit and wisdom of Ben, 3. Bill Wright[_2_] UK digital tv 18 May 20th 13 07:39 PM
Bus-ted? Brian Gaff UK digital tv 22 March 7th 13 10:32 AM
Original Cartoon by Joyce Grenfell for Norman Wisdom Adam Smith UK home cinema 1 June 30th 05 10:42 PM
Hopelessly TiVo-ted - Article in the Lowell (Mass) Sun Phil Leonard Tivo personal television 0 May 16th 04 05:30 PM