Anyone seen a or installed a 56 element log periodic?

Old April 17th 19, 06:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pamela

Default Anyone seen a or installed a 56 element log periodic?

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 1, 2019.

On 22:02 16 Apr 2019, Andy Burns wrote:

Pamela wrote:

I've never heard of Ron Smith but why does he need such elaborate aerials

A pre-cursor to Russ Andrews ...

Now there's a name!

Presumably Ron Smith charges a pretty penny for his aerials.
Old April 18th 19, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Pamela wrote:

I've never heard of Ron Smith but why does he need such elaborate
aerials

A pre-cursor to Russ Andrews ...

Now there's a name!

Presumably Ron Smith charges a pretty penny for his aerials.

Also bear in mind that such large assemblies tend to require much stronger
fittings to cope with the weight and wind-loading being much greater than a
simpler antenna. More cost.

In the past I've also tried to explain to people that *if* the claimed
gains, etc, are true (despite some of the claimed values being
inconsistent) then much more clearance below and beside the antenna will be
needed. i.e. longer pole, enhancing the above requirements. And the 'named'
designs will be ones no one else can supply.

I assume they work well, once properly installed. But I tend to suggest
people go for something smaller and more generic unless that have a very
specific reason for their decision.

Jim