code for apex tv for tivo remote

Old May 12th 04, 03:23 PM
veris and amee young

Default code for apex tv for tivo remote

hi

we have stand alone tivo and have apex tv we need code for it so we can
use 1 remote to turn off on and volume control . we tried google but didn't
find any help if anyone have apex and know code for tivo remote would love
it .

thanks for any help
amee

Old May 12th 04, 06:28 PM
MR

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:23:37 GMT, "veris and amee young"
wrote:

hi

we have stand alone tivo and have apex tv we need code for it so we can
use 1 remote to turn off on and volume control . we tried google but didn't
find any help if anyone have apex and know code for tivo remote would love
it .

thanks for any help
amee

I have the Hughes Tivo and Apex tv. The Tivo/Direct manual says that
you can pull up the codes from menu on the screen. It has been a long
time since I programmed my remote and I can't remember how I did it..
In the menu, there is a command to search for a code that is not
listed.
Good luck,
MR

Old May 12th 04, 07:10 PM
veris and amee young

we did try that but wouldnt work for tv. we have tivo that we got from best
buy i dont think its hughes or anything like that.

Old May 12th 04, 10:30 PM
MegaZone

"veris and amee young" shaped the electrons to say:
we did try that but wouldnt work for tv. we have tivo that we got from best
buy i dont think its hughes or anything like that.

You may need to try the codes manually. The manual for the TiVo has
the instructions on setting the TV remote code. If they don't have an
Apex code that works with your TV I recall there are instructions for
trying other codes not preprogrammed.

You may also want to try TiVo support on their website to see if they
have an answer - the software is always going to lag behind any new
TVs/codes.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
--
URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
URL:http://www.megazone.org/ URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/ Eris