How to Hook Up Subwoofer to Receiver???

Old December 21st 03, 12:17 AM
Jason Danziger

Default How to Hook Up Subwoofer to Receiver???

I have a Definitive Technology Powerfield 15 subwoofer that I want to hook
up to Harman Kardon AVR-230 receiver.

The rear of the subwoofer does not have a single input, so I need to take
the cable from the receiver and put a Y-adapter and connect it to the
low-level inputs? And what level should I put the crossover at?

Thanks alot.

Jason

Old December 21st 03, 12:48 AM
Gary Vander Schel

"Jason Danziger" wrote in message
I have a Definitive Technology Powerfield 15 subwoofer that I want to hook
up to Harman Kardon AVR-230 receiver.

The rear of the subwoofer does not have a single input, so I need to take
the cable from the receiver and put a Y-adapter and connect it to the
low-level inputs? And what level should I put the crossover at?

Thanks alot.

Jason

You should be able to run an interconnect from your receiver to the
left-channel low-level input on your subwoofer (w/o having to use a
y-adapter). Set your crossover to the highest level and let your receiver's
crossover determine the threshold. (You may want to tweak this adjustment
depending on the frequency range of your other speakers). Set your receiver
so your other speakers are set to 'small'.