how do i turn off speakers on Panasonic

Old January 15th 04, 06:26 PM
Mike G.

Default how do i turn off speakers on Panasonic

I have a Panasonic CT-2701. It has s-video and composite audio outputs
but i can't figure out hot to turn off the tv speakers. I'm having to
turn the audio all the way down on the tv and use the remote to turn the
audio up and down on the amp. Its kind of annoying because i have to
push dss to change channels and then aux. to turn the sound up and down.
When i have the dss button pushed and i turn up the volume the tv
speakers are engaged. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

--
Later
From Mike G.

Old January 16th 04, 02:40 AM
Chris

There are two ways that Panasonic does it, on screen menu or button on the
back of the TV.

Old January 24th 04, 09:19 PM
Mike G.

I looked and there is no button and no way to do it with the on screen
display. I asked at Panasonic support and they said i can't. I think i like it
this way cause it's easy to listen with the amp or just from the tv speakers
without having to go thu the on screen display.

Chris wrote:

There are two ways that Panasonic does it, on screen menu or button on the
back of the TV.

--
Later
From Mike G.
Use to reply.

Old January 25th 04, 12:53 AM
Chris

If the jacks ARE output jacks and not input jacks there is a way to turn off
the internal speakers. Look on the back of the TV for a black pushbutton
around where the jacks are.