Superstar/Netlink/Turnervision's Future for C-Band?

Old March 24th 04, 04:18 AM
Will Goodman

Default Superstar/Netlink/Turnervision's Future for C-Band?

Now that the pizza plate folks (Echostar) are in the process of acquiring
this company, what are the chances they will discontinue to offer c-band
programming?

It is a known fact that they are trying to force c-banders to buy the
inferior pizza plates. It only makes sense that they will try to force all
c-band programmers for consumers off the market. What's next? NPS? Since
they have the ear of the mega corporate friendly Bush administration, it is
unlikely any sort of legal action would be taken. I wonder how much money
they are contributing the big crooks in the white house?

Old March 24th 04, 04:44 AM
BoBaFett

So what you are saying is that these mega companies did not exist when
Clinton was in office? You could always step up to the plate and buy
Superstar/Netlink/Turnervision and give us all free service. After all in
the Democrat world everything should be free.

Old March 24th 04, 04:46 AM

Since I already have a "pizza plate" (DirecTV) and a C/Ku-Band system
too,they won't be converting this viewer over to their product.....if
they shut it down and go out of business,so be it.The ONLY reason I
stick with Netlink is I have "grandfathered" rights to the Denver 5,and
it is a PAIN to convert to NPS to get those there.Don't get me wrong,I
will if I have to....but once they go,it is bye,bye Netlink.And I
positively detest Charlie Ergen as a CEO.I will NEVER buy his product.

Old March 24th 04, 05:07 AM
DRLev

I had no problems getting the Denver 5 from NPS. I faxed an old
bill from Netlink showing that I was subbed to D5.

Old March 24th 04, 06:06 AM
ric

BoBaFett wrote:

So what you are saying is that these mega companies did not exist when
Clinton was in office? You could always step up to the plate and buy
Superstar/Netlink/Turnervision and give us all free service. After all in
the Democrat world everything should be free.

Oh, oh...I smell off topic rhetoric.
Old March 24th 04, 04:14 PM
Patrick Martin

I do have the pizza dish (Dish) and my TVRO system. But I like having
both. I have a place in So Cal, so I am able to sub to the LA locals, NY
Distants, plus all of the Super stations, which gives me 30+ TV
stations. I cannot do that from any other source.

Patrick
Oregon

Old March 24th 04, 04:16 PM
Patrick Martin

Aren't the Networks like the Denver 5 very espensive now with a TVRO
system? The 30 stations I get with my Dish system runs me an extra $12 a
month.

Patrick
Oregon

Old March 24th 04, 05:27 PM

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:06:24 -0800, ric wrote:

BoBaFett wrote:

So what you are saying is that these mega companies did not exist when
Clinton was in office? You could always step up to the plate and buy
Superstar/Netlink/Turnervision and give us all free service. After all in
the Democrat world everything should be free.

Oh, oh...I smell off topic rhetoric.

Ah, but it smells better when you read this:

From: John A. Chappell, Jr. )
Subject: Recent Picture Quality

Newsgroups: alt.dbs.echostar
Date: 1998/02/01

Ken, thanks for the update. Yes I have noticed the changes,
especially the background noise. That's the way I measure the quality
of the picture and of course the pixalization. The latter is not
always as easy to see however, even on a 52+ACI- RCA. I still find
that the picture is so superior to the cable that I had that I find it
hard to complain so that's why I have not posted any responses. Your
post confirms my suspicions however. I suspect as you have stated
that we should see more changes as more bandwidth is available. Also,
if the new satellite is moved to 119 then we will probably see even
more changes.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...one.net#link10

I mean, here it is, 2004, six years after 1998, and the guy thinks
adding another satellite [119] then will fix the inferior picture
quality on DishNetwork.

What a laugh....same old "Degraded Broadcast Services."

Old March 24th 04, 05:31 PM

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:16:27 -0800 (PST), (Patrick
Martin) wrote:

Aren't the Networks like the Denver 5 very espensive now with a TVRO
system? The 30 stations I get with my Dish system runs me an extra $12 a
month.

If you subscribe only to Networks via Echostar, it cost around
$12.00+/month, similar to TVRO. Last time I checked

Old March 25th 04, 01:39 AM
Ron Purdue

"Will Goodman" wrote in message
Now that the pizza plate folks (Echostar) are in the process of acquiring
this company, what are the chances they will discontinue to offer c-band
programming?

It is a known fact that they are trying to force c-banders to buy the
inferior pizza plates. It only makes sense that they will try to force all
c-band programmers for consumers off the market. What's next? NPS? Since
they have the ear of the mega corporate friendly Bush administration, it

is
unlikely any sort of legal action would be taken. I wonder how much money
they are contributing the big crooks in the white house?

I have been receiving mail from net, trying to "Force" me to buy a pizza
size dish and make my BUD obsolete. If anyone get this type of 'junk mail',
just throw it away! BTW, my mom is planning to buy a pizza dish even I live
with her all my life. I am planning a way to rebuild the BUD industry, more
to follow later.