Sanyo DVD player won't open up

Old June 30th 04, 12:36 AM
PHIL

Default Sanyo DVD player won't open up

I have a Sanyo DVW-5000 DVD player & VCR combo unit. The DVD tray won't
open up. I can hear the motor trying to operate the door, but no go.
The machine is empty, nothing in either side. Is this something I can fix
myself, or does it require to be sent out for service? $$$

If so would I be better off just buying another combo unit-
probably a Toshiba brand at about $130.

Thanks,

--
--PHIL--
Old June 30th 04, 12:49 AM
bill

I have a Sanyo DVW-5000 DVD player & VCR combo unit. The DVD tray won't
open up. I can hear the motor trying to operate the door, but no go.
The machine is empty, nothing in either side. Is this something I can fix
myself, or does it require to be sent out for service? $$$

I've never paid any attention to my Sony, but do they have the manual eject
pinholes like a computer's CD/DVD player? If so, you should be able to open
the drawer with a stout paperclip. It would be located on the front of the
unit and either under or over the drawer.

bill
Car: '64.5 Mustang: 260 V8, 3 sp, factory a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake,
Holley 390 cfm carb, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust manifolds, 1.5" front & 1" rear
drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

Guns: Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P
Old August 22nd 04, 01:20 AM
elwoodjbt

PHIL,

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same issue with mine now.

Thanks.