itv regions on DSat by postcode

Old August 3rd 05, 09:11 PM
Stephen Peterson

Default itv regions on DSat by postcode

Is there such a listing? itv appears to have re-jigged its allocations this
week in the South leaving many of us without our local news on Sky 103.

Old August 4th 05, 08:39 PM
Simon Pocock

"Stephen Peterson" wrote in message
Is there such a listing? itv appears to have re-jigged its allocations

this
week in the South leaving many of us without our local news on Sky 103.

I'm not aware of any listing. They have split the region into 4 subregions
(N, S, SE and E) instead of 2

They seem to have made an almighty c**k up on the 1st because the local news
from Southampton was broadcasting on 3 of the 4 subregions although this was
rectified the following day.

You should get the same local news service that you do from your local
analogue transmitter, if not call ITV1 on 0870 600 6766 and ask them what
region their database says you should be receiving.There's always the chance
someone's got something wrong.

When I phoned them on Monday they were inundated with complaints.

--

Simon

Old August 4th 05, 08:59 PM
Adrian

Simon Pocock wrote:
"Stephen Peterson" wrote in message
Is there such a listing? itv appears to have re-jigged its
allocations this week in the South leaving many of us without our
local news on Sky 103.

I'm not aware of any listing. They have split the region into 4
subregions (N, S, SE and E) instead of 2

They seem to have made an almighty c**k up on the 1st because the
local news from Southampton was broadcasting on 3 of the 4 subregions
although this was rectified the following day.

You should get the same local news service that you do from your local
analogue transmitter, if not call ITV1 on 0870 600 6766 and ask them
what region their database says you should be receiving.There's
always the chance someone's got something wrong.

When I phoned them on Monday they were inundated with complaints.

Simon

If you want a geographical number, try 0121 634 4402
--
Adrian A

Old August 5th 05, 09:13 AM
Mark Carver

Simon Pocock wrote:
"Stephen Peterson" wrote in message

Is there such a listing? itv appears to have re-jigged its allocations

this

week in the South leaving many of us without our local news on Sky 103.

I'm not aware of any listing. They have split the region into 4 subregions
(N, S, SE and E) instead of 2

They have, though as far as programmes are concerned it's only three. I think
(though it's hard to tell owing to the continuing cock ups this week) that
they are arranged as such)

Meridian North (Hannington's terrestrial area, Thames Valley News)
Meridian South (Rowridge's terrestrial area, South Coast News)
Meridian South East (Heathfield's terrestrial area, Kent and East Sussex News)
Meridian East (Dover and Bluebell Hill's terrestrial area, Kent and East
Sussex News)

In short I think the old East News region was been split in two to allow
different commercials for E Sussex and Kent, but both still show the same
local news prog.

Meridian cannot produce more than three news programmes at once, because their
hi-tech lo-cost new premises at Fareham is only equipped with three (tiny)
studios. All of Meridian's commercials are played out from a huge server
system at the London ITV playout centre, I think that Midhurst and Bluebell
Hill can also have their own commercials terrestrially too ?

--
Mark
Old August 7th 05, 02:01 AM
Simon Pocock

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Simon Pocock wrote:
[...]

I thought SE and E news was produced at the Maidstone studios or is that
just a production centre now. Might be a bit confused with all the moving
around they done in the SE.

--

Simon

Old August 7th 05, 10:47 AM
:::Jerry::::

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
snip

[ re the decline in regional studio's and out-put ]

Meridian cannot produce more than three news programmes at once,

because their
hi-tech lo-cost new premises at Fareham is only equipped with three

(tiny)
studios.

How long will even this facility survive, seeing that IIRC Ofcome
have given ITV clearance to reduce regional news services?....

Werzel Gummage (sp?) will be spilling in his hay-stack!

Old August 7th 05, 12:36 PM
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...
snip

Werzel Gummage (sp?) will be spilling in his hay-stack!

Or even spinning ! :~(