Recommend an aerial installer in Leeds

Old November 7th 05, 12:12 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Recommend an aerial installer in Leeds

Morning all,

I need to get an aerial point into my kitchen to run a freeview LCD, and am
looking for a recommended installer who will honestly tell me if my current
aerial is sufficient and not rip me off for doing any work?

I'm in Shadwell, North East Leeds.

I tried a company in the yellow pages, but after 2 visits, 2 different
stories & prices, and still not date they could do the work I'm a bit put
off going from the yellow pages.

cheers,

greg
Old November 7th 05, 01:40 PM
David

"Greg Hilton" wrote in message
Morning all,

I need to get an aerial point into my kitchen to run a freeview LCD, and
am
looking for a recommended installer who will honestly tell me if my
current
aerial is sufficient and not rip me off for doing any work?

I'm in Shadwell, North East Leeds.

I tried a company in the yellow pages, but after 2 visits, 2 different
stories & prices, and still not date they could do the work I'm a bit put
off going from the yellow pages.

Problem with Yellow Pages is that it works too well and they get more work
than they can cope with.
Try to get someone by recomendation.
--
Regards
David

Please reply to News Group

Old November 7th 05, 02:01 PM
Gel

Try

http://www.cai.org.uk/asp/domestic_search1.asp

Avoid any with names such as
AAAAAAAA1 Aerial etc
0000000000 Aer

Old November 7th 05, 02:34 PM
David

"Gel" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try

http://www.cai.org.uk/asp/domestic_search1.asp

I would definately repeat what I said before.

Old November 7th 05, 06:58 PM
Dickie Mint

Greg Hilton wrote:
Morning all,

I need to get an aerial point into my kitchen to run a freeview LCD, and am
looking for a recommended installer who will honestly tell me if my current
aerial is sufficient and not rip me off for doing any work?

I'm in Shadwell, North East Leeds.

I tried a company in the yellow pages, but after 2 visits, 2 different
stories & prices, and still not date they could do the work I'm a bit put
off going from the yellow pages.

cheers,

greg

Bill Wright, who often posts in these groups. See the "Strange Fault"
thread a few down for his email address.

Well respected here.
He'll do a proper job, not cheap but quality!
Old November 8th 05, 11:02 AM

Greg Hilton wrote:
Morning all,

I need to get an aerial point into my kitchen to run a freeview LCD, and am
looking for a recommended installer who will honestly tell me if my current
aerial is sufficient and not rip me off for doing any work?

I'm in Shadwell, North East Leeds.

You'll know the geography better than me, but in Middleton (South
Leeds) I managed to receive all analogue and freeview signals through a
very cheap loft mounted aerial. I think the house is on a hillside
which faces the transmitter though, so this isn't surprising. Your
local terrain in North Leeds could be very different.

The freeview broadcasts from Emley Moor (South of Leeds, which I'm
guessing is your local transmitter, but I could be wrong) are all "in
band", meaning that if you receive analogue OK, you should receive
Freeview too:

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/emley/emley-facts.asp#maps

Have you tried to receive Freeview through your existing aerial? If you
can, you don't need a new aerial for the kitchen - just a splitter (if
reception is exceptionally good) or two-way distribution amplifier
(much better option, probably put it in the loft if the existing aerial
cable passes through there, or behind the existing TV) and some
suitable cable to take the signal from the amplifier into the kitchen.

I agree with the previous poster - if you need an aerial installed (or
any tradesperson to call) personal recommendation is by far the best
way to go. Or DIY (but not for roof mounted aerials!).

Cheers,
David.