GE model D52GW12 chassis ITC222 tips on tweaking

Old February 9th 06, 01:11 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default GE model D52GW12 chassis ITC222 tips on tweaking

Maybe some of you have some experience with these beyond mine. I have this
set that a client brought us with the screen broken out and they do not want
to spend the $$ to fix it and don't want it back. I am considering buying
the screen myself and fixing it to use, but wanted to see just what kind of
performance I can get out of it. I happened to have a Sony 4:3 screen that
fit vertically that I put in to do some setup and to see what the set would
do. After mechanical and electrostatic focusing, convergence and pix
settings, the set looks OK, but not exceptional. The focus still looks a
little soft. Not much more to do with that, I suppose, but I was wondering
if anyone has any suggestions for tweaking it to get the max out of it. At
this point, downconverted HD to SD looks pretty close (other than the scan
lines) on my 1999 Mitsubishi. NTSC definitely looks better on the old set,
again, ignoring the scan lines. Any suggestions?

Leonard