HDMI Switch and Dish Network

Old August 13th 07, 08:47 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
ttgpro

Default HDMI Switch and Dish Network

Hello good people...

I have Dish network with VIP-622 DVR. I have a Samsung DVD player both
using the HDMI output. I have only one pre-wired HDMI cable running to
the TV form the entertainment center.
I just bought a switch from eforcity.com (http://www.eforcity.com/
227123.html) and when I connect the DVD player it works perfectly but
it will not pass the Dish signal.
Based on the spec - the switcher is supporting DDWG Compliant monitors
and HDCP enabled devices.
Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

Old August 13th 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Agent_C

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:47:43 -0000, ttgpro wrote:

Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

HDMI switches are always a crap shoot. When I switched from a Philips
42" plasma to a Panasonic 42"plasma, my switch would only work with 2
of 3 components. I switched it with this one http://tinyurl.com/38a737
from eHDMI.com and it worked fine; but that's by no means a guarantee
you'll have the same success.

A_C

Old August 13th 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
ttgpro

On Aug 13, 12:55 pm, Agent_C wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:47:43 -0000, ttgpro wrote:
Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

HDMI switches are always a crap shoot. When I switched from a Philips
42" plasma to a Panasonic 42"plasma, my switch would only work with 2
of 3 components. I switched it with this onehttp://tinyurl.com/38a737
from eHDMI.com and it worked fine; but that's by no means a guarantee
you'll have the same success.

A_C

Thanks
Not sure if I want to buy another on-line. Most places will not return
your S&H.
I have the Dish VIP-622 DVR and they are saying it might be software
but they don't have any upgrades at this point...
Oh well.. it is a crap shoot....

Old August 15th 07, 11:39 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Tantalust

"ttgpro" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello good people...

I have Dish network with VIP-622 DVR. I have a Samsung DVD player both
using the HDMI output. I have only one pre-wired HDMI cable running to
the TV form the entertainment center.
I just bought a switch from eforcity.com (http://www.eforcity.com/
227123.html) and when I connect the DVD player it works perfectly but
it will not pass the Dish signal.
Based on the spec - the switcher is supporting DDWG Compliant monitors
and HDCP enabled devices.
Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

You've probably tried this, but some of these switchers need to have the
correct sequence of powering up the different components for them to work
properly.

Old August 15th 07, 03:45 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
ttgpro

On Aug 15, 3:39 am, "Tantalust" wrote:
"ttgpro" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello good people...

I have Dish network with VIP-622 DVR. I have a Samsung DVD player both
using the HDMI output. I have only one pre-wired HDMI cable running to
the TV form the entertainment center.
I just bought a switch from eforcity.com (http://www.eforcity.com/
227123.html) and when I connect the DVD player it works perfectly but
it will not pass the Dish signal.
Based on the spec - the switcher is supporting DDWG Compliant monitors
and HDCP enabled devices.
Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

You've probably tried this, but some of these switchers need to have the
correct sequence of powering up the different components for them to work
properly.

hmm..
No I didn't try it. I will today.
I was actually about the make another switch purchase that was
recommended by A_C above.
Thanks for the tip!

Old August 26th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
ttgpro

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:47:43 wrote:
Do you have any clue / advice / similar experience ... why it will not
work?
I am so frustrated! :-(

HDMI switches are always a crap shoot. When I switched from a Philips
42" plasma to a Panasonic 42"plasma, my switch would only work with 2
of 3 components. I switched it with this onehttp://tinyurl.com/38a737
from eHDMI.com and it worked fine; but that's by no means a guarantee
you'll have the same success.

A_C

btw A_C
I contacted them and just bought a new 5 port switch from them
(ehdmi). I will try it this week and let you know. Again - thanks for
the help